Arlington Park Veterinary Hospital
Veterinary Jobs in
Rolling Meadows, IL
Associate Veterinarian | Small Animal Practice in Chicago Suburbs! | Rolling Meadows, IL
Arlington Park Veterinary Hospital
Arlington Park Veterinary Hospital in Rolling Meadows, IL, has provided high-quality medicine in our community for the last four decades. We see cats and dogs primarily with the occasional rabbit or other small animals. We are a three-doctor practice that provides medical, diagnostic, and surgical care with modern tools such as digital radiology, ultrasound, in-house laboratory, and more. We want to bring on an experienced veterinarian interested in upstanding our beliefs of treating all pets as if they were our own and interacting with our diverse clientele in the greater Chicagoland area!
About the area
Rolling Meadows is a northwest suburb of Chicago located along the “Golden Corridor”. This area is known for its history of economic profit, with many Fortune 500 company headquarters, entertainment centers, medical facilities, hotels, shopping centers, restaurants, and more. It has many well-managed parks, recreational opportunities, and community events. It is just a 30-minute drive to downtown Chicago, allowing residents to enjoy a suburban feel while still having access to one of the most exciting cities in the US.
At Arlington Park Veterinary Hospital, our Mission is to improve the lives of our veterinarians by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance
- Participation in Company’s 401 (k) and/or Roth (k) plan
- 100% Liability Coverage
- Generous vacation time
- CE Allowances
- Customized mentorship plan
- Licensure reimbursement
- Relocation assistance available
The Associate Veterinarian will need an educational background of at least
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an AVMA-accredited university.
Customer Service Representative
We are looking for a Client Service Representative (CSR) who can provide an exceptional experience to our clients during every interaction. In addition, to engaging with clients, the CSR performs administrative tasks such as record maintenance and appointment tracking. The CSR manages practice reception (visitor and telephone), maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, data entry, word processing, and mail services. The CSR applies practical knowledge of practice processes and services and veterinary record requirements and terminology to ensure every patient is well-cared for and every client has an exceptional experience.
Client Service Representative Competencies
- Patience & Compassion: Remaining professional while still making Doctors, teammates, clients, and patients feel as comfortable as possible regardless of the situation or challenges presented.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Carefully coordinating actions with practice team members. Quickly incorporating feedback to ensure positive results. Sharing ideas and being open to others’ ideas.
- Communicating: Conveying patient visit outcomes to clients and teammates to ensure successful client care, applying excellent written and verbal skills.
- Active Listening: Following the expressed wishes of teammates and clients.
- Client Satisfaction: Ensuring all activities and interactions result in the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Leads practice opening and closing procedures per Practice Manager instructions and practice procedures.
- Ensures all public areas are clean and presentable for patients; cleans and straightens areas, including the front desk, reception area, waiting area, office, a public bathroom(s), and exam rooms.
- Processes cash, checks, charge card, and credit account payments.
- Schedules appointments, adhering to practice and doctor preferences, ensuring appropriate workflow.
- Assists in the updating of client/patient files, as needed.
- Prepares and sends client correspondence.
- Sends reminder notices to clients for periodic notifications; conducts calls to clients on a timely basis from a call-back list.
- Performs a backup of the computer system regularly, as directed.
- Performs and oversees the performance of posting daily business.
- Welcomes clients and patients to the practice with a warm and friendly demeanor and ensures an excellent experience during the visit.
- Answers incoming telephone calls by applying proper telephone etiquette.
- Presents clients with medications, instructions, and new client kits, along with any other take-home items.
- Handles emergencies with great care and patience and follows established clinic policies and procedures.
- Addresses client concerns in a calm, appropriate manner, ensuring every experience ends in satisfaction.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Full or part-time
- Ability to work some Saturdays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous veterinary experience preferred
- Client satisfaction references preferred
- Practices OSHA safety techniques, including proper PPE
- Paid time off
- Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Bonus incentive
- Flexible work schedules
- Career and professional development
The veterinary technician is the primary support to the doctors and patients. The veterinary technician must be able to pay attention to detail, respond quickly and calmly to crises, and maintain very high standards of patient care. The veterinary technician must be able to communicate well with clients and team members, showing care and concern for their pets. This position reports to the hospital manager.
Veterinary Technician Job Duties:
- Assist doctors in the restraint and treatment of patients
- Enter doctor/technician services into the computer and patient record
- Fill prescriptions and prepare medications as prescribed by the veterinarian
- Perform routine laboratory analyses, including hematology, serology, blood chemistry, urinalysis, fecal analysis, and skin scrapings
- Give treatment/injections/medications by doctor’s orders
- Place/maintain iv/urinary catheters
- Monitor critical patients, follow and complete treatments as listed on the whiteboard
- Collect blood for internal and external laboratory analysis, and prepare corresponding paperwork
- Maintain pharmacy, laboratory, radiology inventory, and surgery logs daily
- Administer oral drugs, injections, wound dressings, and fluid therapy as directed by the DVM
- Administer and monitor anesthesia by state regulations and AAHA standards
- Perform routine dental cleanings in accordance with state regulations and AAHA standards
- Perform sterile surgical preparation of surgery sites according to AAHA standards
- Assist in surgery, including a gowning surgeon, patient monitoring, suture selection, etc.
- Maintain lab and surgical supplies and equipment, including autoclaved items, surgery packs, ultrasound equipment, anesthesia machines, centrifuge, and microscope according to hospital protocol
- Clean/sanitize surgery areas, treatment, laboratory, kennel, and exam rooms daily
- Take/export radiographs (dental and digital), including proper submission to telemedicine or outside specialists
- Perform/submit ECG readings
- Perform emergency procedures, including controlling bleeding, administering parenteral fluids and pharmacological agents under veterinary supervision, resuscitating with oxygen, establishing open airway breathing by intubation, performing external cardiac massage, applying temporary bandages or splints, providing external supportive treatment or wounds, burns, and heat exhaustion.
- Provide client education regarding nutrition, parasite control, vaccination protocols, spaying and neutering, behavior/fear-free, and all other routine procedures
- Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration, and post-operative cases
- Assist with inventory control and product ordering
- Assist receptionists as needed
- Perform tasks assigned to the veterinary assistants and kennel staff as needed
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and remain standing for long periods of time as needed to maintain desk operation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the company’s policy to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Ready to start your veterinary career?
Please fill out the form below to apply for one of our open positions online.